Critical Reflection

 Module learning:

Communication has always posed a challenge for me, from my early years to the present. Speaking to strangers or presenting in front of my peers has consistently made me uneasy. Similarly, I've struggled with formal writing, such as crafting reports or letters. These were the areas I aimed to improve upon during this module.

Over the 13-week period, I've seen some progress in both communication and writing skills. Activities like reading aloud in class have boosted my confidence in public speaking, particularly in preparation for my final presentation. Working with unfamiliar peers in assigned teams has also pushed me to communicate better, expanding my comfort zone beyond familiar faces. Peer feedback sessions provided valuable insight into my strengths and weaknesses, guiding my efforts to improve.

This module has emphasized the importance of effective communication in academia and beyond. As I pursue further studies and prepare for my future career, I understand the significance of being able to communicate effectively with diverse individuals. Going forward, I plan to use the feedback I've received to refine my writing and presentation skills. Whether it's composing formal documents or delivering presentations, I'll refer back to the feedback form to remind myself of areas where I excel and areas where I need improvement.

 

Project learning:

One of the most significant lessons I learned was the importance of effective teamwork and communication in achieving project goals. As we all have tests, projects, and other personal stuff going on, we hardly have time to meet and discuss the project. So, in class, we will discuss what needs to be done and will do it alone when free. We will discuss pointers in our group chat. This may not be the most effective way of doing things, but it works for our team. However, we also encountered challenges related to communication and coordination within the team. There are times when we will have miscommunication or people not responding. But through these challenges, I realized the importance of listening to others, clear communication, and conflict resolution skills in fostering productive teamwork. I learned to appreciate the strengths and contributions of each team member while also recognizing the need for flexibility and adaptability to accommodate different working styles and preferences.

 

I get very anxious before giving a presentation, so managing my anxiety was difficult for me. I will try to memorize key pointers from my script but when I stand in front of the audience, my mind goes blank, and I often do not perform to my utmost potential when delivering my speech. When we offer ideas to stakeholders in a corporation, our professional appearance is important, and body language is also crucial. Specifically, I consistently rely on the slides to recall the essential concepts for discussion. Nevertheless, when I am positioned in front of the slides, I shall have my back turned towards the audience as I consult the slides. In order to prevent that from occurring, I must thus choose an optimal location in the room. This enables me to deliver a presentation without turning my back to the audience, while still maintaining visibility of both the slides and the audience from the extreme left and right corners.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self introduction

Summary Reader Response draft 1